Friday, January 15, 2010

Selling


I can't sell.

There is something about asking people for money that rubs me the wrong way. I can encourage, suggest, demonstrate and help you decide if you want to buy a thing, but I can't sell in the classic sense of the word.

So let me encourage you to try You Mail. I use it, I like it, and it's free.

This is the hard part. If you end up liking it so much you opt to pay for the upgraded, premium service...which I myself do not...then I would encourage you to click through from here: (or if the link doesn't work, copy and paste the URL)

www.youmail.com?src=8315949494

because when you do, they send me a spiff.

I know, that's horrible for me to suggest, isn't it? But to look at it from another perspective, I really don't care that much about the 10% spiff. I care more about you having a decent voicemail service, and You Mail is the best.

So give it a try and see for yourself...and you don't have to act by midnight tonight or anything. You don't have to act at all.

In fact, I'm sorry I even mentioned it. You're doing fine with the voicemail you have now. Nevermind the fact that it is designed to be awful and boring. No matter.

Who cares that you can't customize the outgoing message a zillion ways to Sunday? So what.

Do you really need email alerts letting you know you have a message? I don't think so.

Yeah, right-- like you are ever going to need a written transcript of a voicemail, or the ability to save it on your computer, or share it with others. That's just crazy talk.

Who needs yet another so-called useful service? Life is hard and it should stay that way.

Forget I said anything. Your retarded voicemail system is just fine. Don't change a thing. I'm serious. Sure, it's lame, but we are all used to it. Change is bad. Even when it's a change for the good.

Don't try You Mail. I'm sorry I even brought it up.

But if you do, link through from me. If you want. I don't care.

No comments: