Thursday, June 28, 2012

This Move is a Real Name Changer

Well lookie there! I changed the name of my blog.

It was named Wild Oats Way until about five minutes ago because I began blogging shortly after I moved to Wild Oats Way, into this beautiful vineyard home in Templeton, California where I now sit.

In about a week, July 6 to be exact, I'll be moving from this paradise to another paradise, both of which are located smack dab in the middle of Lori's Whirled, which as you can see is my blog's new name. I'm moving to Rancho Mirage (near Palm Springs). More on that another day.

It just didn't seem right to keep the Wild Oats Way name anymore. Sadly, my new street name options are poor substitutes. Would you read a blog named US Highway 111? (no)

My other option would be Bing Crosby Road. Seriously, do I want to start this new chapter of life as an infringer of der Bingle? (no)

I chose, instead, to go back to Lori's Whirled, the title of my old column in the Kohn Times: The Holiday Newsletter of the Kohn Family ("all the news that will fit in print") which ran for about 20 years.

Until I can figure out how (or if) I can change the blog's locator--I'm hoping I can point it to a real web site--I suppose we'll still have to go to wildoatsway.blogspot.com. And by "we" I mean both of us.

If someday you find our favorite blog is gone, try 'loriswhirled' and see if you can find me there.

After the move I promise I'll start blogging more faithfully...unless I blow a writing gasket. I simply have-to-have-to start writing my book! If I don't actually write the damn thing I can't really refer to it as "the book I'm writing" now can I? (no)

You might like to know I have been writing from Lori's Whirled this whole time. Everything that comes out of my head has its origins there--in Lori's Whirled. Enter if you dare. (psst...there be dragons)

See you after the move.

No comments: